Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Course
Overall Course Goals
- Teach you how to think differently and do things differently when solving problems and improving processes.
- Assess your level of learning through classroom exercises and practical application.
- Emphasize application in the real world, not classroom theory.
- Know when to rely on a Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt for advanced statistical analysis or other types of help (the Yellow Belt is not expected to be proficient in statistical calculations or the use of statistical software such as Minitab).
- Help you decide if you want to pursue the Green Belt or Black Belt certification.
- Help you achieve your personal, job and career goals.
- Provide an overview of Six Sigma concepts and the Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control process.
- Learn to apply basic process improvement methods within each step of the DMAIC framework.
- Prepare you to be an effective team member on a Six Sigma project.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define what Six Sigma is, and is not.
- Enumerate the five-step DMAIC problem solving process, and how it varies from the Design for Six Sigma process.
- Describe process inputs and process outputs in terms of Y = f(X).
- List the benefits and impact of Six Sigma.
- Articulate process performance in the language of Six Sigma.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of Executives, Champions, Master Black Belts, Black Belts, Green Belts and Yellow Belts.
- Identify additional project stakeholders for Six Sigma projects.
- Draw a Supplier-Input-Process-Output-Customer (SIPOC) diagram and a process map.
- Identify Critical-to-Quality Characteristics (CTQ’s).
- Provide examples of CTQ’s for products and services you are familiar with.
- Assess the Voice of the Customer and discover quality needs.
- Compile CTQ’s and their measures.
- Classify data as continuous or discrete.
- Understand the issues involved in Measurement Systems Analysis.
- Collect accurate and useful data while avoiding common data collection problems and traps.
- Visually display data and interpret the results using a histogram and a Pareto chart.
- Prepare a cause-and-effect diagram and perform root cause analysis.
- Distinguish between value-added and non-value-added steps in a process, and give examples of different types of non-value-added steps.
- Create and interpret a scatter diagram.
- Conduct a brainstorming session.
- Use multi-voting and/or the nominal group technique to establish priorities or narrow down options.
- Prepare an affinity diagram.
- Perform a Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Implement mistake-proofing and source inspection to reduce or eliminate defects.
- Select an improvement solution from the available alternatives.
- Document the process with standardized work instructions and procedures.
- Determine of project goals and objectives were met.
- Write a process control plan.
- Close the project.
- Completion of a 14-hour training course, including all exercises and assignments, and a grade of 70% or higher on a comprehensive 50-question exam.
Why Six Sigma?
- Career advancement
- Personal growth
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased confidence
- Increased level of job performance
- Improved marketability
- Create an improvement system with proven tools
- Improve your most important asset: your employees
- Achieve organizational excellence in business
- Excellent ROI – 10 to one or greater
- Complete projects that result in measurable
Who should attend?
- This course is intended for junior level employees, first line operators, administrators, potential Green Belt and/or Black Belt candidates, and anyone who may support the planning and execution of process improvement projects
- The textbook for this course is entitled What Is Six Sigma by Pande and Holpp, ISBN 0-07-138185-6
Software and Computer Requirements
Online Option – Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Course
This course is available in a traditional classroom format (two days) and also online. If taken online, all course work must be completed within four weeks.
» PDU’s: 14
» Price: $895 per person
*This course is offered in partnership with Florida Atlantic University.
||Open enrollment – Independent study